2 1/2 cups diced and chilled cooked chicken meat (about 3 chicken breast.)
1 cup chopped celery (about 4-5 stalks)
1 cup sliced, seedless grapes
1/2 cup sliced almonds (or coarsely chopped walnuts)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mayonnaise (you can use light if desired)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Optional, to kick it up another notch:
2 tablespoons mustard
1 cup thinly sliced onion
Lots of pepper
1. In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks.
2. Cook chicken. For crispy texture and a bit more tough, fry the chicken in butter and/or olive oil. For tender and even texture, poach chicken in water. Season chicken when cooking with salt and pepper. Cube and chill chicken.
3. Combine meat, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, salt, pepper, mayonnaise with whipped cream. If you are using mustard, combine the mustard and mayonnaise together first. Then add the combined ingredient with the others.
4. Add optional ingredients if desired.
5. Chill in air tight container.
To make this a pasta salad, you could add 4 cups pasta (shape of your choice). Just make sure the pasta is chilled thoroughly. Increase mayonnaise to 1 cup or more.
Also, for additional flavor, add 2 large apples (if you use apples, the salad won't stay good as long).
Contact Tim Kemp by email.